Sunday, January 17, 2010

How Often Are You Meant To Change Your Bath Towels?

I was wondering because I've never heard of how long you are meant to use one for. Is it like bed sheets, once a week or so? Thanks for your answers!How Often Are You Meant To Change Your Bath Towels?
I guess I am not normal. I wash mine once a week. If I had to wash towels everytime they were used I would have to quit my job to do landry non-stop. There are six people in my household.How Often Are You Meant To Change Your Bath Towels?
It's a personal decision, but I change my towel after every single use. I use the old towel from the day before to put on the floor and a new towel to dry off. Some people go a couple of days but I wouldn't suggest using it for more than a week. That's gross! There is a lot of breeding bacteria because they are moist and in the bathroom. Plus, every time you use it dead skin cells come off onto the towel so it's kind of gross to use it more than once or twice.





I would also suggest changing kitchen towels every day too, especially if you cook meat or eggs in your house, because bacteria gets transfered easily and thrives in moist towels.





Sheets should be changed at least once a week, and pillow cases more often, about two or three times a week (because of face oils and drool, etc.)





Changing towels used for your face and your pillow cases often can also help people who have acne.
I use a clean towel every time I take a shower. I can't stand the smell of a used towel. Use them for as long as you are comfortable with using it. If they start to smell musty definitely stop and wash them. If you only have a few towels you can get away with using them 2 or 3 times just make sure they are hung up properly and dry completely. Washing them once a week is not enough unless they are strictly decorational.
I try for once a week, but honestly since it is just me and my husband, if they go a little longer than that, no biggie. When they start to smell musty, it is definitely time! Probably not longer than 2 weeks.





As for bedsheets, I try to do it every week, but again, it doesn't always happen. Probably 2 weeks is normal in our household (including the duvet cover...it gets washed when the sheets do).





It might stay the same when we have kids, or it might be more often. Who knows? I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
I wash my towels after every use. wash cloths, face towels, bath towels, kitchen towels, napkins ..whatever. I never use them more than once. ick.





Bedding is usually once a week. But I change pillow cases more often.





I like things fresh and clean.
Most people change their towels once a week, but I don't find this sufficient. I change my bath towels every 2 to 3 days? Why? Because it only takes that long for them to get smelly.





If you think about what gets on a bath towel, it makes even more sense.
at least 4 times a week
I don't replace my bath towels until they worn out or rip part

No comments:

Post a Comment