Friday, January 22, 2010

My bath towels always come out rough and hard, how do i get really soft fluffy towels after washing?

I'm still wokrin on keep white towels ';white'; the way they were when I bought them at the store.My bath towels always come out rough and hard, how do i get really soft fluffy towels after washing?
Fabric softeners may work to some extent but using less detergent and adding vinegar to the rinse water will help a whole lot.My bath towels always come out rough and hard, how do i get really soft fluffy towels after washing?
Put em in the tumble dryer for a while.
You could use liquid fabric softener (like downy) or you can use dryer sheets (bounce). or both. :)! I do my clothes are really soft!
Have you been living under a rock? Stay-Soft of course!
use two softener sheets.
Lenor concentrated fabric softener then when they're nearly dry I put them in the tumble drier to finish them off!
Hang out side to air dry on a nice windy day with sofner on the washer cycle.





Works for me never ger rough towels.
Try some fabric softener, like Downy, in the rinse water; or dryer sheets in the dryer. It will make a big difference.
Add a fabric softener (e.g. Comfort or Lenor in UK) to your rinse water and they're even better if you can tumble dry them. Don't use too much softener or they lose some of their absorbency.
use fabric softener after washing your clothes, like Downy, Venel etc.
I had the same problem. I found that even fabric softener wouldn't work. My towels and sox would both come out too stiff. I told my mom about this, and she told me what to do: use LESS detergent! Try washing your next load of towels with half the amount of detergent and see if it works. Whatdya got to lose? (other than hard towels!)
fabric softener
wash in warm water and dry on low heat
add fabric softner... when dry....just to soften them up....chuck them in the tumble dryer for 10 mins...
Fabric Softner AND finnish them off in the tumble dryer say for 20 minutes! Then.....awwwwww SOFT TOWELS!!
how do you dry them? tumble dryers usually make for soft fluffy towels, especially after adding a bit of fabroc softner
add small amount of soap powder and just a little comfort and hang out on washing line as i have no tumbler dryer and this works lovely and soft especially on good windy days this was the way my mum had to and i have followed and has always worked
add softener?
use some comfort and put them in the tumble dryer when you bring them off line, you possibly need new ones too of good quality
add liquid softner to the rinse water or use a dryer sheet in the dryer.
very very simple, after it has dried ,spread it , with the palms of your hands smothen the surface towards right and left, same for the other side, ..
To keep towels soft, use only half the amount of detergent recommended on the manufacturer鈥檚 label. Avoid pouring detergent directly onto towels. This may lead to a residue build-up that reduces softness. Always use a mild detergent and use chlorine bleach sparingly.





鈥?Use fabric softener only occasionally. Avoid silicone-based fabric softeners. These softeners leave behind a waxy film that counters absorbency.





鈥?Separate deeply colored towels from lighter ones. Avoid washing towels with items that have zippers, hooks or buttons, which may damage the towel鈥檚 loops. Do not wash clothes with towels; terry cloth will coat finer fabrics with lint.





鈥?Hang towels fully extended on a rod for ventilation and quick drying to allow for multiple uses. Fewer washings means a longer life. Never place moist towels in a hamper where they can grow mold and bacteria.
fabric softener.
I make my own detergent. 1 cup grated


Fels Naptha soap, 1/2 cup washing soda- Arm %26amp; Hammer(not baking soda), 1/2 cup 20 Mule Team borax. Mix and store in air tight container. For light loads use 2 table spoons and heavy 3 tablespoons. I actually usually use 1 tablespoon and my towels amazingly come out soft and sweet smelling! I give thanks to www. flylady.com and www.soapsgonebuy.com . I do dry in the dryer as well. I would think they would be soft hang drying but have not tried. I love my dryer too much-lol.
Add softner also when you take them in off the line put them into the tumble dryer for a few spins, believe me this works and they come out soft fluffy and warm!
if you hang them on line first to dry them they do become rough but they smell fresh but put them in tumble dryer for half an after and they still smell fresh but fluffy too
you're having a laugh...fabric conditioner????
Dryer Balls - available at Wal-Mart %26amp; Linens 'n Things. Put both in the dryer %26amp; your towels will be as soft as ever! If you can't find them, 2 tennis balls will work.
use softener
Try tumble drying them,for 10/20 mins,before you hang them to dry

No comments:

Post a Comment