Friday, January 22, 2010

Is there anyway to get the yellow out of my white bath towels that has occured from bleaching them?

never ever use bleach on laundry again. Buy some oxy-clean fill your washer with hot water a cup of oxy-clean and let sit for 1 hour.





This brings the white out in towels, very dirty socks and white shirts without any risk of damage to the fabric.Is there anyway to get the yellow out of my white bath towels that has occured from bleaching them?
try soaking in warm water with 2 cupfuls of white vinegar fora couple of hours. then rinse and then dry in some strong sunlight.It seemed to work for my cloth nappies.Is there anyway to get the yellow out of my white bath towels that has occured from bleaching them?
I would try the vinegar and water tip. If not, I guess they're ';car towels';.
Try a product called blueing You put in the rinse water and it takes the yellowing out of whites. It may take some hunting to find it as its very old product. My mother used to use it back when she did laundry in a wringer washer, but sometimes the old ways work the best
try soaking overnight in salt water...about 2 fist full of salt in 1/2 a bucket of water and dry in bright sunlight ..
Nope. Buy new ones. DONT bleach the new ones so much!
Dye them with RIT dye but be careful when u wash them again, the first few times they will bleed on other clothes.
Take a look at the side of Baking Soda box. Pretty sure it has directions on how much to use and it brightens your whites. I recently had to use some to soak my toes after surgery and upon reading the box, found some uses I was unaware of! Think about it. A lot of your toothpaste, etc advertise BAKING SODA. . Hope I was helpful!
yup..dye them yellow.it happened to mine once so that's what i did.

No comments:

Post a Comment