Friday, January 22, 2010

Clean bath/shower towels every day?

Dou you and you family use a clean bath/shower towel everyday?





Or do you stretch it out to a few days so as to reduce the usage of the washing machine and detergents (and possibly the tumble dryer)?





My neighbours (household of 5 people) do 3 - 4 loads of washing/drying each and every day....Clean bath/shower towels every day?
Use towels for a few days,,they`re only drying you not cleaning you,,Clean bath/shower towels every day?
It's not up to you to convince anyone. Keep your nose out of your neighbors' business

Report Abuse



It is nice to have clean towels every day but not necessary for hygiene. If every family member uses their own towel and changes it when it is dirty or smells (otherwise once a week) and it gets washed in hot water that is OK. You should not make yourself a slave to this type of thing. Even in hotels now they have a sign in the bathroom about saving the planet etc. and reusing your towels. I would rather have a clean towel once a week which has been laundered on 60 deg C than a clean one every day that has only been washed in warm water.
It depends if you have health issues.


If you are healthy, use the same towl fora few days.


If you have health issues and are worried about germs, mold, etc, wash towls with bleach after every use.


I am also worried about my dad or my sister's cat doing something gross on it if I leave it hanging where they can get to it. (I used to reuse towls, then I realized what was happening when I was out of the room)
Perhaps your neighbor just loves to do laundry??? We have 6 living in our home and there is no way I'd be doing that much laundry; Most of the time I only do laundry once a week and have maybe 10 loads.





As far as reusing towels, even Martha Stewart says a bath towel can be used for a week prior to washing. Hand towels and wash cloths are a different story - I give those 2-3 days.
when my kids were young, we did the same amount of laundry.. and used towels only once because of their learning to clean themselves and not doing a bang-up job all the time..





now that they are older, and able to clean themselves properly.. once a week we change out the bath towels.. every shower a new washcloth.. and about twice a week on the hand towels..





the kitchen towels are a two to three day use, if they don't hit the floor...





when i'm alone in my place, i end up wth about 7 loads of clothing a month.. maybe 9. that is if i'm sick, it's summer and hot.. and i have to change them out more often.
If you hang them out to dry when you have used them they will be fine to use two or three times. As a previous correspondent commented though if you have skin problems it may be best to change them more often.


Imagine how much you would spend on electricity and detergent if you washed them every day ! Save your money and think of the enviroment.
I use mine for a few days before washing, its not like they're dirty if you're clean when you you use them! My partners family wash theirs every day - but that is because her Mum is v.v.v. house proud and the bath has to be dried after it is used, so they need washing after each use!


I reckon they're fine for a few days though, til they get that damp smell... Nice!
I use 3 different towels for everyday. One to dry me, my hair and a hand/face towel. Although I do use them for about a week until I get some new ones out. And when my body towel is due for a wash, I use my hair towel instead because that's only dried my hair. So yeh..
I do use a new towel every time I shower but I dont have to do that many loads a day i might do a load a day but thats because i have kids too..
depends


i used to use a new one every time %26amp; sometimes still will. If all I have done is dried my hair with one or something, and I hang it up to dry, I will reuse it.
Generally i will wash the towells every 2-3 days as they sometimes get smelly as have no garden/washing line theres no where for them to dry!
when my youngest son is home he goes through 5 bath towels a day and 3 face cloths where as me and hubby share the same towel for 2 days.
we dont all have a shower/bath every day we use some flannels to wash our bodys.Then like every 2 days we get a shower/bath.My mum sorts out all the towels! lol x
For the female unit: Use it twice.


For the male unit: Use it once.
I use my towels for about 4 or 5 days - I ensure that I hang it somewhere to dry after use so it doesn't get smelly. Some people are such wasters !
i reuse mine if it doesnt stink,





your neighbor probably has stinky kids
  • skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment