Friday, January 22, 2010

I have bath towels that don't absorb water very well. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Yes, I had this problem, too. Just wash the towels normally (it took me about three washes at least), and hope they start absorbing. :-)





If you're still not satisfied, I would take them back to the store and demand a refund. If you ordered them from the Internet or catalog, call them up to get a guarantee that they will credit you if you return them. And be sure to get the customer service rep's full name.I have bath towels that don't absorb water very well. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
I had this problem once and I washed the towel and threw them in the dryer. I guess that static lifted the fibers which worked better however still didn't do the job quite well.


My suggestion would be get new towels.I have bath towels that don't absorb water very well. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
Forget the fabric softner and start using vinegar in the rinse cycle. You can use the vinegar for all your washable clothing. Depending on the size load and washer capacity will determine the vinegar you use. Full load is approx 1 cup. This will cut down on static and lint, kill off any bacteria, make everything nice and soft and you won't need the all-color bleach products if you put 1/2 c in during the wash cycle.


Use white vinegar only.
wash them, but never use fabric softener
I've had this problem before. Try skipping the fabric softener next time you wash them.
Put them in a warm or hot wash with soap but no fabric softener. Let them soak in the soapy water at least overnight. Put them in the dryer with no fabric softener sheets. They will now absorb instead of repel the water. The next time you wash them you can use fabric softener.
It depends on what they are made out of. 100 % cotton absorbs the best. If you use too much fabric softner they won't absorb well. You need a little or they won't be soft either. Just try cutting down on the amount. Washing them in real hot water helps.
Whatever you do, do NOT use fabric softener. The coating that is left will make the towel, NOT absorb water. Use a small amount of bleach in the next 2 or 3 washings, that will help remove the coating.

No comments:

Post a Comment