Sunday, January 24, 2010

How can I kill the mildew odour on a bath towel?!?!?

My father's regular bath towel is mildewed and the odour is making me ill. How can I get rid of the odour? Washing it in the machine only does it for one or two uses.How can I kill the mildew odour on a bath towel?!?!?
wash it in bleach. every time you use the towel, you should hang it to dry and not throw it on the floor. that way it doesn't mildew.How can I kill the mildew odour on a bath towel?!?!?
I agree you should hang the towel to dry after use and only use at the most for 2 or 3 days. The body still has bacteria and drying yourself sluffs this off onto the towel.


Bleach is good, but you do not need alot. Oxyclean is great. I use some in all of my laundry.


I start the water (and you have to at least use warm, but hot is better) add the oxyclean, detergent and a small amount of bleach. I make sure the products are distributed into the water before I add the towels.


Do not over crowd them. Take them out as soon as you can.


I hang my laundry, but not towels. They can be hung, but need to be thrown in the dryer for a few minutes to soften.


If the towels are dark, use the oxyclean and make sure you are using enough detergent along with at least warm water.


I use cold water for most things, but if it is related to kitchen or bath towels, I use warm/hot. You cannot kill bacteria with cold water, at all.
It's not drying properly, either it is being used then left in a place where it can't dry, or it isn't dry enough coming out of the drier. Make sure it is hung up where there is good air flow. You may want to get him another one so they can be washed more often.
To get rid of the odor (no u in odor) use a little bleach in the wash along with the detergent. Or just buy a new towel.
theonesuna,you can come do my laundry. I HATE,HAAAATEEEEE doing laundry :)





I also agree with the other posters. HOT water and bleach. Then make sure it's dried really good in the dryer.
Wash it twice. The first wash, one quorter cup bleach and one half cup laundrr detergant. The seconr wash just the detergant. This will work but I suggest that you buy hie a new one. After all he is your dad.
hot water and bleach
can you not wash it daily?buy him another towel or two to rotate with.Bleaching it is only thing that works and making sure its in dry place...do not hang in wet bathroom where more moisture is.
throw it away and get a new one, mildew and mold can only be killed by pure bleach, the rest are just remedies at least on walls but even then it comes back if not properly ventilated


anything afected by mildew or mold most likely needs to be replaced.
There is mildew living inside the layers (gross I know). You need to leave the towel outside all day. Let it dry completely all the way through. Wash it with bleach if possible, and don't use fabric softener. Also, after each use, hang it don't put it in the hamper.
Trash IT! lol No, seriously Trash IT!...
  • skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment