Friday, January 22, 2010

Washing bath towels...(how often?)?

How often should you throw them in the washing machine? We notice a ';not so fresh'; scent after only two uses and we do let them air dry after each use.


I use Tide unscented along w/ Downey liquid fabric softener. Any suggestions on that?


They are all the same color too, so it's hard to know which ones are cleaner than others.


It seems silly to think of washing them after every use....is that what I need to do?Washing bath towels...(how often?)?
It is the unscented detergent you are using!!





I used regular detergent forever and my towels always smelled fresher longer, then my husband started breaking out so we changed soap and detergent.





I started using the unscented b/c it is more gentle, but it made my towels smell horrible after just a couple uses.





So if you continue to use the unscented you will have to wash them more often.





Although....if you want a gentle detergent that keeps your towels smelling fresh try Dreft鈩?It is formulated for babies so you know it is gentel on skin and on fabric!!





I have used it, and it works...at least try switching...but I'm sure it is b/c of the detergent...I had the same problem.Washing bath towels...(how often?)?
well maybe look at how they're being hung up after use, is the room they're in staying steamy for a while afterwards? See smell like it or not comes from bactieria, and the bactieria has time to grow whenever the towel is wet. if you're in a humid area, you may need to hang your towels farther apart, and open, not folded over. You can try some color safe bleach to help steilize the towels. But the faster they dry after each use, the fresher they will stay.


ed: hot, of course will kill more germs, thus fresher towels.
After all, we dry after our shower/bath and are clean.


I use them 3-4 times, but they do dry without odor.





If the air in your home contains moisture they may not dry thoroughly.





You may like this true story.


While visiting Rome, Italy once, all the hotel help went on strike.


One of the guests went to the Concierge, grabbed him by the collar.


';I've been using the same towels for a week. I want clean towels.';





He was thrown in jail. LOL





Sheesh! Americans! I'd have bought some towels.
I always use a towel just once. I even use one for my hair and one for my body everyday. When our towels run out ( in about 5 days) I will wash them in hot water. I never use a towel twice, the thought of it being on my butt and other areas and the next day on my face makes me sick lol. I would use them once if i were you. It's really not a big hassle.
well i actually wash them weekly and i use a towel about 3 times or 4 the most but no longer than 4 days b/c they start getting a smell. even though i let them dry very well
I would use scented detergent or at least a scented dryer sheet when you wash them. Depending on how ventilated the area you dry them is, they may attract smelly bacteria (if the area is dark with no windows, like a small bathroom). I would wash them after about three uses, but if you share the same towels, I would wash them even more often.
I wash mine after 3 or 4 days also, but have you tried the laundry det. `Gain`, it is made by Tide and is 1茅2 the price. Works even better than Tide and comes in all different scents besides plain unscented. Gain also has a fabric softner.
My mom washes the towels every week, and I use them everyday. I hang them to dry as flat as I can. I never notice them smelling bad. My mom uses Tide HE and a high efficiency washing machine and no fabric softner. My mom is a clean freak, so I am guessing she knows that is a good timeframe to wash and they still be clean!
We use ours two or three times and then wash em. My towels only hold their scent until they are used. Then it goes away. We use Tide Lavender Scent. Its no big deal for me, I don't really care if they hold their scent or not after the first use. Its when they are folded on the towel rack, that I want them to smell pretty.
I would wash them after 3 or 4 time you use them. You are clean after you get out of the shower anyway. I have used Tide for years and am very happy with their products. Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment