Sunday, January 17, 2010

What do you do with your old bath towels?

Do you just throw them away or do you have any special uses for them?What do you do with your old bath towels?
You can use old bath towels to:


路 donate them to your local animal shelter (they are always in need of towels)


路 wiping dirty dog feet


路 drying the dog after the rain


路 cut squares and hem them to make dishcloths and cleaning cloths


路 cut and sew them into mitts and use to dry dishes


路 make them into cat toys


路 make a travel pillow cover


路 make a make-up bag


路 use as a rag to remove make-up


路 use to dry the car after a car wash


路 use to clean your car dipstick


路 use them for car oil leaking


路 make sweatbands for your forehead for spring cleaning


路 use as a bath mat


路 use as a furniture coaster to slide the furniture easier


路 use as a text book cover


路 use as a mat for underneath plants





(I donate my old towels to animal shelters)What do you do with your old bath towels?
Let see, old bath towels are well used here! My husband has several he uses for wiping towels when he's working out in the yard and sweating. I have dogs so I save some to use for doggie baths. And I keep some around for cloths to use when I'm painting and get a drip where it shouldn't be.





If I get a surplus, I bundle them together and either drop them off at our local SPCA or No Kill Animal shelter for their use. I also donate old rugs, blankets, comforters to them.
If you don't want to re-use them yourself as dusters ect your local vet would probably be glad to take them off your hands as they are always in need of such things. Any animal rescue centres in your area would also be very glad of them too. If you're into artsand crafts you could always cut them up and make wash gloves with them. use them to make unusual paint effects during decorating and then use them whilst cleaning your brushes when you've done. They could also be made into an apron for use whilst decorating or even gardening. Hope you find all this useful
we use ours for wiping the dogs feet when it is snowing or raining, drying the dogs when it is snowing or raining, cut them up to use as paint rags (when painting), washing the car. There is a lot of things you can use them for. You could donate them to the salvation army if they are in good enough shape.
Great answers. I also will save them if they are really colorful to use as applique material on other towels that may have mysteriously ended up with a hole or two.
First they become dog towels, then they become rags. And I have one old towel that I loved the colours of so much that I framed it.
My mom usually gives them to my dad to use as oil rags for when he is working in the garage.
Tear them into squares or rectangles so that they don't end up in the towel cabinet again.





Use them as rags.
donate to a doggie shelter.
make a bathroom mat.
we use them for rags when we dust in my house. =)
um... wash them... and use them again.....





I don't understand this question.

No comments:

Post a Comment