Thursday, May 13, 2010

What's a Good Bath Towel material?

I'm in the search for some good towels, What material would be the best and last the longest? I saw a Valour Cotton Texture, but I don't know........What's a Good Bath Towel material?
Don't buy velour. Velour is created when the cotton loops are cut and brushed, making it super soft. But when you cut the loops, you cut the absorbancy of the towel. That's why most velour towels still have loops on the opposite side...so it will absorb SOME. Look for fully looped towels, the more loops, the more absorbant. Also look for 100% cotton, or a mix of cotton and modal, which is a beech tree fiber. Modal is very soft and absorbant. My personal fave is microcotton. It's lightweight, dries quickly, and ultra absorbant.What's a Good Bath Towel material?
I am pretty sure most of them are cotton, ';valour'; is the finish. It is kind of the pattern in which they put the threads together. I think! lol


But I would just look for higher priced ones, if you are in the store the weight of the towel is an indication of how good it will be, also if it is cheaply priced it is probably cheap. Dont know if I helped any but I hope so!
Microfiber waffle weave is more absorbent than cotton towels and they are hypoallergenic. I use them for everything, kitchen, bath, car, and cleaning rags.

No comments:

Post a Comment