Friday, May 14, 2010

Baby bath towels ';what would you do';?

This is kind of a silly ';what would you do'; question. :-)





I'm due with a little baby boy in a week and a few days after having twin girls. Obviously I bought new boy clothes (as well as got a ton of hand-me-downs from his cousin yay!) but one thing I just realized I never bought was ';boy'; bath towels. The baby bath towels I had for my twins were ';girl'; ones. Pink, purple, etc.





Would you bother buying new towels? I mean... it's just a towel. lol I'm not using them anymore because my girls are way too big for them now.





It seems like a waste to buy new ones when I have all these perfectly good pink towels.





What would you do? I can certainly *afford* it but it just feels really wasteful!Baby bath towels ';what would you do';?
No I wouldn't buy new ones. I had a boy and lots of boy bath towels, my first daughter didn't get new towels and now when this little girl in born in 5 weeks she will use blue and green towels too. I got them each cute little pink bath robes, but honestly it doesn't matter what they are dried off with. He won't care that the towel is pink.Baby bath towels ';what would you do';?
By the time your son would want boy stuff he will be way too big for the infant towels. I wouldn't worry. Its not like you are going to be using the towels in public.





If I have a son next he will be using a lot of the baby stuff we already have. I wouldn't dress him in a pink tutu but he certain will be using a pink towel! Stuff you use in the privacy of your home doesn't have to be gender specific.
I would just use the purple one's. Purple is kind of unisex nowadays so wouldn't be so bad as using a pink one lol But unless you're going to take photos whilst he's in a towel straight from bathtime, then I guess it doesn't really matter either way!





Like you said, 3 kids under 2 is going to be hard work, so what ever works with the time and energy you have spare is the best option!





I'm pretty sure he wont remember or see anything wrong with it anyway!
i bought my daughter some bath towels and they are just sitting in the cabinet. i find it a lot easier just to use regular towels that we use they are bigger and thicker than the other ones that she has, but in your case whos going to care? why go and spend more money on things that you have that are in good condition? whos going to say oh why is that boy in a pink towel? its only after bath time.


so i wouldnt go out and buy towels and jst waste money
lol I'd use the pink towels but maybe pick up 1 blue one for picture sake, I wouldn't want ALL my sons bath pics to be in a pink towel but I wouldn't buy all new ones eiether. Yellows and whites can be used for boys or girls too so your sure to have a few of thoses kicking around anyway. Good luck from a mom of twin boys :)
I have twin boys who are almost 10 yrs old. I also have a 4 month old daughter. I saved their bath towels...they were blue, yellow, green....my sister used them for her daughter and now I use them (plus I bought 3 pink ones) for my daughter. I really don't think it matters. Of course, when I had my first I would've thought it mattered but for some reason I don't feel the same way now. I guess I'm wiser the older I get. Ha Ha
lol, I still had a bunch of stuff left over from my daughter. All of our normal bath towels are pink (bathroom theme) Which he uses those towels too.





I still had pink mattress sheets, which he will use those once in awhile if his regular one is dirty and needs to be washed. lol
I wouldn't really bother...if you already have towels, no matter what color they are I would use them again. It isn't like your little boy is going to notice. I'm saving all my things for my next child...even if it is a girl I'll still use the blue towels for her.
You know what, I wouldnt say it mattered. If you cant be bothered going to buy them due to being pregnant, dont sweat it. You might get them as a gift.





I prob would buy a few boy towels, but if I didnt get round to it, it wouldnt bother me
I wouldn't bother, those tiny little towels can get expensive!





It's not like anyone outside of your house will see him in them, anyway. We have all ';boyish'; towels but if our next is a girl I'm not going to bother going out and buying different towels.
I think it's possible to get a little ';color crazy'; when it comes to babies. I'd use the pink towels. I mean, we have pink bath towels and my husband uses them...
Lol, I would just use the towels you have. No one is going to notice and if they do, who cares? All it does is dry your baby off. No harm, no foul.
I wouldn't bother honestly, you can use that money to get him something else, it's not like you take him out in public with them on, so don't worry about it!
If it doesn't bother you then I say go for it! The kid doesn't know the difference! I've put girl pajamas on my son before (when he was little) because we didn't have his. He didn't care.
to be perfectly honest, i wouldn't at all bother! if you've got fine towels, just use them... who cares about the color?!!
i wouldnt let him use the girly towels! if your at home use the old blankets from your girls too. its one thing if your in public but if your at home what does it matter! i would just keep them lol
I wouldn't buy new towels. The point is to dry your baby off... I don't think the color should matter. Congratulations!
i wouldn't waste my money on new towels...they are only to dry him off..keep your money for other things you'll need down the road...he will not know the difference between a pink or blue towel just yet...
Use the pink ones! :-)
I wouldnt replace them. They are still good and can get some use out of it id use them again.
only real men wear pink!


go for it,dont waste things!
How old are your twins? I have 5 year old twins! (boy and girl)


Your just using the towels in the house and I would use them! I had a girl before and then the twins! My girl is 10 years old now! So when I had the twins, I had girl stuff so I used it! You can buy one blue towel or hooded towel for the boy but I would use the other towels too! Just buy a cute boy robe or something and then still use the other ones! So if you have company, you can use the boy towel and if home alone, use the girl towels!


CONGRATULATIONS AND GOOD LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment