Thursday, May 13, 2010

How many times do you use a bath towel before washing it?

Just once or do you use it couple times before washing it? I'm just wondering because I have way too much laundry all the time. 5 people in our house and I've been trying to do one load a day and it's still getting piled up.How many times do you use a bath towel before washing it?
There are four of us, each has their own towel for use after bathing (they are different colours which helps to identify which one belongs to whom) and I try to only wash them once a week.





As long as they are left out to dry on a clothes airer or on the towel rail (not left lying on the bathroom floor) they are fresh enough for a few more uses. It is a good idea to not dry any of one's private areas with the towel if it is to be used again though, they are best tried with some toilet tissue.





It would definetly cut down on your laundry big time if you encouraged more frugile use of the towels in your house. I manage to do only about four wash loads each week using my method of towel use.How many times do you use a bath towel before washing it?
When it comes to expense, using towels for the week is the way, but if you want to know what is sanitary. Changing your towel everyday is correct. Everyday that you use them, you are wiping away skin flakes, and a host of other things, that go with it. Then you let that towel dry, then wet it all over again the next time you use it wiping back over yourself each time you shower the same skin cells, and dirt. It can cause problems. especially for women who use a towel to dry between their legs, and your butt crack? if your going to use the same towel, just have two, one for your face only, and one for everything else





Thanks
I grew up in a house with 6 people, my mother taught us to do our laundry since we were around 10, that left her to do laundry for her, my dad and all the linen. I'm pretty sure that helped her a lot on the washing loads and it made us be quite responsible and aware of our laundry.


Now that I have my own home, I wash the bath towels once a week, since each of us has their own towel and no one exchanges them.
I use the same towel all week and hang it up when I am done. Look your clean when you get out of the shower/bath or dry your hair so it's not like it gets dirty. My brother who lives with me does the same. It's still a clean towel.
I wash my bath towel, hand towels, and wash clothes every week. So I use my bath towel for a week, and then I wash it.
If everyone uses their own towel, it should be fine to use it for 4 to 5 days, as long as it is hung up and thoroughly dried.
I use my towel 2 or 3 times as long as I hang it up. No point in using a new towel every single time.
just once
  • skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment