Thursday, May 13, 2010

Washing and Drying new bath towels?

After I finished washing and drying brand new towels...when I took them out...there was like fuzz balls everywhere on them...I tried washing it again...but its still there...there 100% cotton...





How do I get rid of them?? Keep washing and drying them??Washing and Drying new bath towels?
Too cheap !!


Take them back. Buy some with longer threads.You get what you pay for lol sorry :)Washing and Drying new bath towels?
Pilling usually occurs on towels that are made from short fibers, which break easily and continually throughout the life of the towel. Abrasion during washing and drying is one culprit that causes the broken fibers to form small balls that cling to the surface of the towel. Try a lint roller to remove them or wrap tape around your hand (sticky side up) and press over the towels to lift the balls. Also be sure to clean the lint filter in your dryer after every use.





My hint: Place a large piece of nylon netting in the dryer along with the towels. The netting will tumble against them, causing the fuzz balls to fall off.





To avoid this problem in the future, buy towels that are labeled combed cotton. This fabric is made with the longest length of fibers, which are looped and do not break easily. These towels may cost more, but they will perform better and last longer. Remember, buying the best quality you can afford is worth it.
Wow, have never heard of fuzz balls on Terry Cloth towels. I would return them to the store and exchange them. And I have been doing laundry for almost 60 years.
Happened to me, too. I use them to dry my shower, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment