Thursday, May 13, 2010

How often shall we change the hand towel, bath towel, bedsheets, etc...?

What is the healthiest? For example they say you shall change the hand towel you use everyday. And they also say for the face you shouldn't use a towel, instead use paper towel.





And the bed sheets? Is it the best to changethem once a week or every three days?





Is there a doctor out there who knows about the bestthing to do?= Please help. Cheers.How often shall we change the hand towel, bath towel, bedsheets, etc...?
I'm not a doctor, but I'm in the healthcare field, and have allergies, so there's some basis to this.





Towels are fine for 3 to 5 uses, as long as you hang them up and leave the bathroom door open to let them dry thoroughly. You should only need to change hand towels once a week or so.





For bedsheets, once a week is fine. If you have allergies, vacuum the mattress in the process, since it will remove some dust and dust mites. Wash the sheets with chlorine bleach if you can, and avoid strong fabric softeners.





Any more than once a week, and you risk skin irritation from the detergent.How often shall we change the hand towel, bath towel, bedsheets, etc...?
I've always changed them out when they start to smell. Odor indicates bacterial growth and that's not the kind of thing you want rubbing on you.
did you not watch oprah today??? lol
I wash all my towles every sunday when i do laundry
I always change them once a week or even daily if someone has the flu...
for sheets I like to strip the beds every weekend and wash it all really well. For towels, If they get used everyday, they get washed after 2 or 3 days, actually they get changed that often and washed once a week. Hand towels, face cloths, dish cloths and dish towels get changed about every 3 days, unless they get dirty before then. I usually wash everything of my son's every few days, everything used on him I mean, he may be little still, but he gets dirty at every meal, my husband seems not too far behind him some days.





Guests always get clean towels each time. I never make my guests use the same towel(s) more than once, I have enough of them I change them up and wash the used ones. Sometimes it is just easier than letting the used one hang dry, especially when you have a house full and everyone wants to have a shower everyday, myself I use the same towel for 2 or 3 days in a row, so long as it gets dried between times and still feels and smells clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment