Thursday, May 13, 2010

How many times can you use a bath towel before it is ';dirty';?

Once!!!





I feel no different at home about fresh laundry/linens, than I might at a hotel.





Certainly in some measure your Q relates to ';Levels'; of ';clean'; and personal hygene habits and preferences.





Steven WolfHow many times can you use a bath towel before it is ';dirty';?
The buildup of body oils, soap residue, shampoo and conditioner, house dust all provide a bacterial breeding ground that is accelerated by periodic rewetting. If daily washing is extreme, then every third day at least!How many times can you use a bath towel before it is ';dirty';?
i wash mine every two weeks.im busy.
I use mine 2-3 times before I get a new one, to wash that one.
Providing you bathe well, it shouldn't become dirty at all. However, I use mine once and then toss them in them in the hamper. I like fluffy.
Assuming that you are clean when you get out of the bath, the logic would be that the towel would never become dirty. However, if hanging on a towel rack drying, it would collect dust and pollutants from the air. Many factors would play in to determine when it is actually time to wash.
Once.


Although you are drying a ';Clean'; body you are actually removing dead skin cells.
Until there are enough dead skin cells on it to clone a person. Ha Ha Ha! Just joking; really, I use mine 3-4 times. But be sure you have a system so you don't use the butt end on your face :-p
well, I do change towels every moday and thursday... Not because they get dirty, but I love the smell of a clean, soft towel!


Great question!! :)
I wash my towels once a week. I think that's ok because I'm drying off a clean body and hair.
are you dirty after a shower... lol
I wash mine at least once a week. Sometimes twice, but generally once.
I will use mine at least 4 times before I wash it. After taking a bath/shower you should be clean, so you are just drying off with the towel and then hopefully hanging it on the towel rack to dry. Washing towels or anything very much will wear stuff out quicker.
I have used mine up to a week. .....tossed them in the dryer and fluffed them back up during that time. I like the clean smell of soap and stay away from products that are loaded with fragrances .......depending on how well one rinses....these products can remain on the towel. Your question was a good one....I've often wondered about that....thanks
Rotate weekly, however, it depends on how often you use the towels... how humid the climate/season.





When laundering towels, machine wash in warm water with similar colors. Be sure to wash brand new towels before use, to remove any excess dye from deeptone and brilliant colors. Always wash dark colors separately, and avoid chlorine bleach. Tumble drying will enhance the softness of your towels. Remove dry towels promptly from your dryer, shake them out, and fold.





Do NOT use fabric softeners or dryer sheets on your towels! Washing in fabric softener coats the terry fibers with silicones, and will actually make towels less absorbent. To freshen towels and keep them smelling sweet, add a half cup of baking soda to the wash cycle. You'll end up with extra-fresh smelling towels!





If you're hanging your towels outdoors to dry, shake them out before hanging, and shake them again before folding. This fluffs up the terry fibers, making the towels soft and absorbent again. During summer's humid months, don't let wet towels hang in the bathroom all day. Toss them in the dryer for five or ten minutes, to speed drying. Then hang them up, and they'll dry in an hour or two. Remember that towels need more frequent laundering in warm, humid weather.
Since I don't have a bath mat near the shower I rotate towels. The one I dried with yesterday becomes the bathmat to stand on today. So I use them twice, once to dry with and once to stand on.
when it gets dry and when you pick it up and it stays the same shape and its hard and crusty
When it gets dark, so it depends on the colour......





Although it can get dump n smelly if u dont dry it properly all the times...





Funny question!
I use mine 3 -4 times before washing them.
  • recipes cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment