Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bath towels keep losing their color in blotches....?

I have the weirdest problem...starting to think i have the creeping crud....my towels all seem to fade once water hits them...in blotches...i used to think it was the washing machine but once took shower, used a new towel andit got all blotchy....then i thought it must be soap i am using...but keep switching and still have issue...then i thought maybe its my makeup but it happens to my sons towels too...no he doesnt wear makeup!!! i have some older towels that it doesnt happen to so thinking dyes are different now...sometimes i have shirts that this happens too also but its mostly towels...again it seems once they get wet...any thoughts? i am losing my mind! and i dont want to have to have all white towels although i guess i will if i have to!!! Thanks!Bath towels keep losing their color in blotches....?
I noticed the same thing would happen after I wipe my face on the towel when I brush my teeth, I guess the toothpaste was extra whitening!





It's probably because the dyes in the towels can't hold up the the extreme cases of water! lol... everything these days has lost quality...Bath towels keep losing their color in blotches....?
Is anyone using topical medications? Are you having the same problem with sheets and pillow cases? Do you have a lot of chlorine in your water? What is the chemical content of your water?





LOL! Sorry to answer a question with a question but since I don't have THE answer I thought I'd give you some suggestive questions to think about.





OMGosh.... I think the first answerer may have it... there's peroxide in those whitening tooth products!








Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment